I wish tumblr would have a seen by button so you could see how many of your followers ignore your posts
1) A boy telling you you’re pretty won’t make you see the beauty in the fullness of your cheeks, in redness of your lips at 2 in the morning when tequila is making the bar bathroom spin. He can’t take away the ugliness that you see in yourself, you have to do that.
2) You have to be ready to hear someone say they love you. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing, and you have to listen. Because sometimes, they won’t say those three words, they’ll put a blanket over you while you’re watching a movie, they’ll kiss your cheek when they think you’re asleep, they’ll smile when they see you first thing in the morning. But you, you have to be willing to see it, feel it, let it in. Letting someone love you takes practice.
3) Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other Universe.
4) Learn to say no. No - to a movie you don’t want to watch; no - to sex you don’t want to have, no- to a relationship that’s driving you mad. Say no - to things that hurt you, to people that extinguish your fire, to jobs you hate and places that are desolate. There are bad things that we can’t control, bad things that happen and we are sucked into and have to feel with every fibre of our being, but the rest - learn to distance yourself, learn to say no.
5) Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you - not your parents, not your friends, not the person you’re in love with. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice, love shouldn’t mean sacrifice. Don’t expect someone to give away pieces of them, so they could fit you better. And don’t feel hurt when they refuse to - it’s self-preservation. Instead - learn from them. Do it as well.
6) Don’t tether yourself to people. Learn to make connections, to love, with both your feet steady on the ground. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
7) Learn the difference between growth and growing up before it’s too late. Rooftops and water fights and ice cream for breakfast can be a part of your life at 10, 25, or 35. But by the time you’re 35 you need to learn to say enough, to be able to walk away, you need to be able to love yourself. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at 10, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness."
Anonymous asked: I worked my way through college when I was a kid in the 70s I only made minimum wage and I made it I don't know why you kids complain so much about how hard it is to pay for schooling.
Okay lets work through this ask, because I’m not sure when in school you were in school I’m using 1970 in the USA I’m using 2013 for inflation comparison bullshit.
Minimum today in 2014 on average is: $7.25 an hour
Minimum wage on average in the 70s was between: $1.60 and $2.90
Lets convert this amount for what it would be worth today:
In 1970: $1.60 an hour would be about $7.70 today, welp that’s already more than our minimum wage so..
in 1979: $2.90 an hour would be about $9.16 well holy shit that’s way above our national average.
Average cost of university today in 2014: According to the College Board, the average cost of tuition and fees for the 2013–2014 school year [ONE FUCKING SCHOOL YEAR] was $30,094 at private colleges, $8,893 for state residents at public colleges, and $22,203 for out-of-state residents attending public universities.
So a four year degree would costs at a public university:
in-state: $35,572 Out of State: $88,812
Average costs of a public university 4 year degree in 1970: 4,828 which when converted for today would be about $28,580.66 [compare to 35,572, with our smaller minimum wage]
I’m not even fuckin with 1979, cause if you do your own research you find the same fucking information university was cheaper in the 70s across the board compared today, and minimum wage was higher.
It is literally impossible to work your way through university today
if ur gonna be a dickhead and argue with me go through the facts first jfc.
- OTH (via missinyouiskillingme)
- (via clumsiest)